Have you been in for a massage yet?
I asked Georgia, one of our three highly experienced therapists, to give me a list of the benefits of getting a regular massage. This is what she came up with.
- Stress reduction – my personal favourite
- Promotes relaxation – a close second
- It re-connects you to your body, helps to keep you grounded.
- Improves the quality of your sleep
- Promotes deeper and easier breathing
Aches and Pains
- Provides pain relief for an endless list of ailments and discomforts
- Reduces muscle soreness (from exercise or a hard day at work)
- Flushes out lactic acid (that’s the one that gives you the sore, tired, achy, burning and sometimes itchy feeling!)
- Helps to warm up the muscles before a sporting event, thus preventing injuries and increasing performance levels
- Increases flexibility and range of movement
- Improves the circulatory system and drainage of the lymphatic system
- Assists in the management of hormonal imbalances such as menopause
- Improves your posture
- Enhances rehabilitation after an injury or surgery
- Helps to break down scar tissue (from breast surgery, gastric banding, burns or any other scar tissue)
- Strengthens the immune system – I did not know this. It’s been a pretty rough cold and flu season – maybe I should have been getting more massages!
More than all of this… it just feels good!
- Monday 9am – 8pm
- Wednesday 9am – 9pm
- Friday 9am – 8pm
- Saturday (every second one) 2.30 – 6pm.
Health rebates are also available.
If you haven’t had a massage from us yet, mention this article when you book and get $20 off your first massage (one per person until November 1st 2016).