Thanks to the marvels of technology, I’m able to conduct valuable health tests in the clinic using advanced equipment. Whilst simple to conduct, these tests provide extremely useful information to better understand where your body is at and what it needs.
Click on the headings to find out more about each test.
Have you ever wondered how old your body thinks it is? This incredibly quick and useful tool can assess your current biological age – you might be able to brag that you’re five years younger or set yourself a target to drop two years! A finely tuned machine, it measures how your tissues resist and react to a small electrical pulse revealing a host of fascinating information such as:
- Do your cells look like healthy grapes or shrivelled sultanas?
- The amount of fat compared to the amount of muscle.
- The quality of your tissues – are you running on a home brand or Duracell battery?
Other tests available
With a thorough history taking we can generally work out what has got you to where you are. Further testing is really only suggested when treatment plans do not hit their mark in a timely fashion.
Minerals are essential for your health, vitality, growth and wellbeing. By taking a snip of hair and sending it away we can get further insights, for example:
- Do you have amalgam (mercury) fillings that may be leaking?
- Do you work in mining and have potentially been exposed to toxic metals?
It can also tell you:
- Your metabolic type – are you fast or slow? This is really helpful in developing a nutritional and supplemental regime specific to your type.
- Your mineral ratios. This is a fantastic insight into how stress may be impacting on your overall health and well-being.
- Why your energy is the way it is.
- How your thyroid is holding up.
I’ve completed advanced training to be able to decipher this complex information. You will also receive a comprehensive report that is easy to understand.
Spit in a jar! By donating 10mLs of spit on a given day of your cycle we can find out what those pesky hormones are up to. Are you oestrogen dominant or low in progesterone, maybe you are making too much testosterone. This test is great for anyone who has menstrual issues.
Spit in a jar four times in a day! By donating 10mLs of your saliva four times on any given day of the month, we can really see how your body is coping with all that stress. Are you making too much or not enough cortisol (that ever important stress hormone)? Do you have too much at night that prevents you from getting to bed at a reasonable hour or not enough in the morning that makes getting out of bed ever so difficult.
This test is great for those who have been under the pump for just a little too long.
Poo in a bag and send it east. This a functional test that provides an overview of the components of digestion, absorption, intestinal function and microbial flora, as well as identifying pathogenic bacteria, parasites and yeasts.
Poor digestion may come about as a result of many different factors. Did you know that stress can lead to Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)? Symptoms such as bloating, diarrhoea, constipation, wind and bad breath are all signs of digestive dysfunction.
This test is good for people with long-term digestive complaints.